What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Platitudes of the Multitudes



Losing
Only
Brother
So close
In age - resemblance
Mistaken as twins
As we grew up and apart

Stolen
Torn
Taken
Untimely – too early
As a vital young man
Cheated
Of his life

Well meaning
Yet empty
Endless stream of words
Platitudes of the multitudes
Who nothing else knew
In their difficult discomfort
But to blurt out, unthinking,
“Time heals all wounds”

Indeed
Time
Alone
Does not – can not
Heal
Traumatic injuries
So deep
That the slightest breeze
Could blow straight through me
Ruffling my clothes

Countless
Tears
Cried
So many
Years
My shoes squeaked and sloshed
Leaving puddles of grief
On the floor
Where I walked

Time
Did not – could not
Heal me
Though grief now
Is not raw
It is still here
Always, ever
Hovering near
Whispering softly
In my ear,
"He is gone
 He is gone
 He is gone"

No comments:

Post a Comment