What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Little White Lies


Little white lies
Lies of omission
How hard I work to justify
My suppression of the facts
Dilution of the truth

I am half convinced
That my lack of candor
Is sparing you
Feelings of hurt - betrayal
How,
I do wonder,
Could truth told with a loving heart
A gentle, caring tongue
Ever bring harm?
… Yet, I know it can

So many “truths”
That would mercilessly chop - drop
Felling ... like a tree
The life and heart
Of someone dear

Better to carry
This crushing guilt
Reality's burden
Unspoken
Than to break your heart
By uttering a word


No comments:

Post a Comment