What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Impressions Upon Meeting Ms. Arrogance


Your condescension
Quite too much to stomach
For I have a mind
(Though it be all I own)
Razor wit shaves ignorance

Shouting over you
A futile exercise
Ego deafened dolt
Poster child of narcissists
Astonishing self-pride

How is your colossal head
Lifted from the pillow
By such a slender neck? …
Do you employ
A crane
A sling
Or a whachamacallit thing?

Farewell, farewell oh
Boorish bore
I trust we shall converge
No more
If we meet, I will not stoop
To converse
With such a nincompoop

No comments:

Post a Comment