What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Jessie - Jesse

"Mother's Heart" by Laurie Justus Pace


Jessie - Jesse
so desperately  
I did want you to live
to be brought forth
into this world
my own existence became unimportant
with a joyful smile
I would have gladly have given my life
for yours
if doing so would have – could have, saved you

Jessie – Jesse
you flew away
in spite of my pleading, fervent prayers
unknowingly, I spoke into God's deaf ear
he, so stony and remote
who would not/did not hear me

I
was
lost
abandoned
sentenced to remain
empty
my womb
my soul
my mind
only the grief
multiplying daily
filled the space
as the sole
flourishing
green shoot

Jessie – Jesse
I so adored you
Inexplicably … as soon as I knew
that you grew within me
I had waited
many
long years
for you

Exultant thrill
sheer delight
in watching my belly grow
knowing you were strong
to feel your quickening
kicking
to hear your heartbeat
 
Jessie - Jesse
you came too early
could not survive
my beloved
wanted
beautiful baby
gone

I have missed you
every single day since
I still hold you close
here, in my heart
my very own
sweet, wonderful
Jessie - Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment