What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Triflin'

Urban Dictionary's Definition of Triflin': Consistently lying. Always up to no good. Sneaky. Suspect. Whorish. Always scheming. Conniving. (Should never be trusted)

Triflin’,
Triflin’
Makes me grateful
For barrel's riflin’

Lord,
Help my shot
Ring out
Straight and true
Gonna rid my life
Of triflin' you

A triflin’ man
You’ve been
Triflin’
Triflin’
E’cept you didn’t know
Who you was
A-triflin’ with

Tell it to
Da man,
Da man
‘Cause he don’t care
No more ‘en I do

He know’d too
Just as I do
You was just
A triflin’ fool
Who got caught up
In all dem lies

Oh, so lady killin’
Shockingly a-chillin’
Ain't never said though
I wasn't a willin'

You ...
Oh, so stiflin’
Predictably triflin’
That is much too
Pitifully true

Sneaky-snaky
I'm dyin' if I'm lyin' 
Or exaggeratin'
'Bout the story of
Rotten old,
Irresistible ...
Triflin'
Triflin'
You

No comments:

Post a Comment