What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For Kathryn





Friend of so many years
you stand at a crossroads
stymied in a place
where indecision reigns

I stand as mute witness
to your courageous struggle
frozen by a sense of helplessness
not knowing what to say or do

I long to help you
yet I lack the skills or strength
to make all things better
to chase away the dragons
to sweep out the corners
where scary spiders dwell
I'd smooth out any bumps
over which you might stumble
but I too am unsure
as to which path you will choose

So know, my dear friend
if I could wave a magic wand
to make all things better
to give you clear foresight
with not a heartbeat's hesitation
I would, dear
I would

No comments:

Post a Comment