What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Snapshot



I still have the snapshot,
Although it is a mental one,
It shows where I was standing
The clothes I was wearing
When I first admitted
My secret to my truest self
That I loved you – oh, so loved you
Nothing else mattered

Timeworn that snapshot
Though still clear in my mind’s eye
My affection remains unrequited
Never once reciprocated
In the many long years since
How dare I reveal now
Such a secret to my truest self?
My adoration is undimmed
Resolute - enduring - constant
Nothing else matters – for I love you,
Oh so richly-deeply love you, even still

No comments:

Post a Comment