What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Buzz of a Gossip


"Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you."  ~ Spanish Proverb

you were my friend,
or so I thought,
until you buzzed … buzzed … buzzed
about me to someone lethal
who waited on tenderhooks
eagerly anxious to hear
your acid tongue
burning me to bits

your cutting words
razor-edged axes
hacked-chopped-minced  
me to pieces
buzz … buzz … buzz
you chummed the waters with me
luring in the
slowly circling sharks
which fed on me with frenzied fury
who whirl-whipped water
of white foamed waves
to pinkish froth
by the letting of my
life’s blood

since your final betrayal
I have taken shears in hand
clipping out - your diseased tongue 
by mercilessly pruning away
the hulking dead growth you are
from my life
buzz … buzz … buzz
you will sell my confidences 
to the highest bidder
no more

No comments:

Post a Comment