What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Empress of Jasmine



This tiny safe haven
Well shielded
From winged-whining vampires
Hovering close; hunger crazed buzzing
As they bump-bump-bump
Against the wall of mesh screening
Desperate to devour us

Crickets draw their bows
Rasping them against the strings
Serenading symphony
Pulsating harmony

Evening cool slowly slips into
An empty rocking chair
Settling in for a cozy sleep
Wrapping herself with
Thick blanket of heady fragrance
Issued by blossoming jasmine
Un-replicated yet by finest French perfumers
Each delicate flower's essence
So mulitudinously multiplied
Filling this small porch - my lungs - my head
Until I am intoxicated/besotted/giddy

Wordlessly
Tenderly, you take my hand
Raise it to your lips
Gently pressing there
Sweetest kiss full of meaning
As though holding close
Something sacred or rare

Tonight I have become ... The Empress of Jasmine
Surrounded by love
By song
By nature's spicy perfume most exquisite

I am, by far, the wealthiest woman
To ever draw breath
A fortune in treasure untold, I posses
For I have discovered a crown of joy complete
Here with you

Behold - I am she -
The Empress of Jasmine
Elevated to royalty by the
Power of your affectionate regard
Sovereign of this limitless realm of love
My kingdom, no larger than a postage stamp
Yet, my dominion far exceeds the bounds of
Infinite Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment