What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Second Hand Man




I found a man …

Got him second hand
He handles well
Low mileage; good tires
Well maintained
Kind of sporty
Nice clean lines
A classic in the making

He tends to accelerate
Running fast
Souped up V-8
Hitting on all cylinders
Man doesn’t know ---
The meaning of slow
When I hit the gas
He will not hesitate
When I hit the brake
He hates to de-accelerate

Yes, I've got a man …

Found him second hand
Yet he's a first rate guy
I vow to keep his tank
Filled up with love
Yes sir, folks ...
That's my plan

No comments:

Post a Comment