What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Note from the Author



Pablo Picasso was quoted as saying, “Painting is just another way of keeping a diary”.   I feel the same way about writing poetry, it is very much autobiographical – a form of journaling.   

Happy Anniversary!

June 2, 2011 will mark the three month anniversary of the creation of Push Button Poetry.  Since that time I have written and posted forty-six original poems.   This has been an exciting time for me creatively, as I had not made a serious effort to write for many years.

Prior to beginning this blog, I did a great deal of research regarding poetry blogging.  Nearly everything I read indicated that most modern readers are no longer interested in poetry.  Therefore, I began this journey solely as a creative outlet - expecting little readership; other than a few family members and perhaps, some close friends. 

In its first three months of existence, this blog has had more than 1,100 visits by readers of poetry from more than 30 countries.  Thank you for helping to prove the “experts” wrong.  Poetry, prose and a genuine love for the written word of our magnificent language are very much alive and well. 

I am sincerely humbled and honored that you have joined me here!  

I look forward to the next three months of writing and creating.

K. C. Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment