What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Same Question ... Repeated

"The unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates 


Unanswerable
The incessant question of
The why – why – why – why
Razing self; to clear new ground

I was created
To reason, ask, seek truth
For in asking “why”
I am my most human self

God knows the answers
To every question
I ask for faith – courage
To hear his reply

It is difficult
To listen with open mind
Sitting silent - still
Disclosure, so long delayed

Mortal element
By nature does not
Ever tire of asking, "Why?"
The pattern ever repeats

The ancients
These same inquiries made
No different were they ...
Than you or I
For 'tis only human to question, "Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment