What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Storm Is A Brewin'


I can smell the rain
Well before other senses
Discern the coming
Of advancing storms

Odor of fresh earth
So pungent; it is tasted
Hangs heavily
Afterward, rain falls in sheets

Curtain of water
Fall here to shield me from view
Far from prying eyes
Privacy penetrators

I predict in you
A brewing storm of the kind
Most never witness
Nor should sane men wish to see

Tornado-Tempest
Spiraling cloud - Killing wind
Will destroy this house
Resurrected never more

I feel the increase
Breezes whipped up to strong gusts
The storm is upon us
Go now, run to safety ... hide

2 comments:

  1. I like your poem! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Daniel. Your positive comments helped to encourage me to continue writing and posting poetry. There were many days when I wondered if anyone was enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete