What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waiting for a Spark




Never at a loss
For words - wit - repartee
I stand before you
Struggling to communicate
Desire inexpressible

My voice has failed
Its rasping croak betrays
Fear choked throat so parched
Disobedient wooden tongue
Stubborn, unmoving stump

Better a letter
Elegant prose relating
All which fills my heart
But the words fall off the page
Spilled cascading waterfall

Stricken to muteness
My hand is still – pen is dry
I’ve become a lump of coal
Dumb idle slab hunkered down
‘Til passion’s flare ignites me

No comments:

Post a Comment