What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It was a Humpty Dumpty Day


Two dimensional
You thought me
Flat as paper
So you put me in the pile to be discarded
Ran me through the shredder
Making confetti out of me
Tiny unrecognizable pieces
Of the woman I once was
Broken down
Down and broken
Broken up

It was a Humpty Dumpty day
When you threw me away
It didn’t take all the King’s horses
Or all the King’s men
To put me back together again
Fragile - fragments
For I picked myself up 
Slowly, surely I did mend
Now I claim joy
The pain you've inflicted
Has come to an end

No comments:

Post a Comment