What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Electronii




What would I do without this small box with tiny keys?
Would I read a book in the sun or enjoy the ocean's breeze?
Perhaps I’d walk the dog or to housework I would tend
Compose a letter, weed the garden or dine with my best friend
“Keeping in touch” through technology – feels as if something has died
Instead of being liberated, I am somehow unnaturally tied
To electronic gadgetry-widgetry-wizardry, however large or small
Electronii plural-portable ever with me; I won’t miss a text or call
The paranoia of being unreachable - part of our cold new world, so brave
Begs the question, which must be asked … are we now master or slave?

No comments:

Post a Comment