What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lone Wolf



spirit independent  
a quiet force
empowered-empelled me
to break away
from the writhing pack
of snarling-snapping-vicious whelps
ferociously battling one another over rancid scraps
each vying to be
primary
alpha
top dog

a
lone wolf
now
am I
hunting solo
persisting in solitude
endless this journey
through vast wilderness
daily survival
tests endurance

as night approaches
to enshroud the world
in murky darkness
I will
howl
bay
yip
yowl
calling out to declare
my status as lone wolf
aloof-singular-wild-free

I am oddly at peace
my sonorous voice accompanied
solely
by the rustling spirit
of the soulful wind

No comments:

Post a Comment