What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Your Letters



Your lines
written
on childhood paper
not unlike
the scritchy-scratchy crows feet
which now perch
around my eyes

I see in them
dare I say it?
... love

Boy across the street
that’s who you were to me
for years

“His people
hardworking
salt of the earth
but ...
not washed
in the
soul-cleansing-blood-of-the-lamb”

So, I married a young man
who went to the preaching
like clock-work

The last time we met
really talked
we two
I was cold
cutting
drawing bad blood
between us

The young man
who attended the preaching
like clock-work
is gone now
but not before breaking
my spirit
and each
Commandment sacred

In between the lines
of your
timeworn letters
I belatedly
see
feel
understand

Dare I say it?
… love

No comments:

Post a Comment