What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Offering





deprivation
of caring
has transformed you
to a sun-dried raisin
desiccated
membrane

I too
am a dehydrated
withered rind
envisioning myself,
in my minds eye,
to be a
sodden
soggy
moist
living-breathing
greenhouse
of life
longing to be
dripping
with vitality                             

scant, precious oil of
my very essence remains
well hidden away
until almost forgotten

gladly
will I
pour myself
out
for you
all that remains of me
to
cover
anoint
fill you

please …
I pray,
do not nullify
the bestowal of a most treasured gift 
this genuine, full heart proffered
infinitely, intimately trusting
allowing myself
to be poured out upon you
only to have it trickle into the dust
to be forgotten
trampled underfoot
as a minor,
inconsequential
token
of no value

even so
love converts doubt into hope
take my hand
so that I may submit my offering ...

No comments:

Post a Comment