What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Too Tired to Love Today


I was too tired to love today
anyone but myself and I
too defeated to stop and pray
cared not enough to even try
to guide a friend or point the way
for someone struggling through the day
I cared only for me-my-mine
I ticked the hours and lost the time

I was too selfish today to care
so wrapped up in my own desires
no smile, laugh or hug to share
in claiming kindness, I am a liar
a hectic, busy schedule leeches
energy – effort - time - emotion
ignoring all that goodness teaches       
to freely give of self; no notion

I was too tired to love today
Lord, give me strength to live your way

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete