What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Nature of Words

 

Squiggly, wriggly, higgledy-piggledy; words across the paper fly
Jiggle-y, giggle-y, fickle-y, wiggle-y; I don’t know the reason why

The words, the words, they never rest
From buzzing round my head and breast
Once they’ve hatched they will not nest
Nor let me slumber there

Words zip ‘round my head like flies
Nipping if I fail to rise
To give them life
Or fix their wings
They are the most contrary things

Rhyming and rhythm created a schism
Between the pillow and my head
Dreams full of meter
A penny per liter
Please drive these torturers from my bed

Squiggly, wriggly, higgledy-piggledy; words across the paper fly
Jiggle-y, giggle-y, fickle-y, wiggle-y; I won’t rest freely ‘til I die

No comments:

Post a Comment