What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, March 25, 2011

This Woman's Scorn

If I could but hate you
I would
roundly, soundly
completely, replete
with loathing
awash in the negative flow
of icy emotion
drifting through eddies
cold and angrily swirling
bitterly biting back
my feelings
for contemptible you

If I would but hate you
I could
float on a river of malice
indulging myself by bathing
in currents of vigorous rage
filled with self-righteous indignation
bitter but wiser; animosity’s sage
mercenary woman
hell bent on a mission to hell
no inhibition or quiet submission
vengefully venting vitriolic venom

Oh, if I were a hating woman
I could have; would have
hated hard
been disgustingly mean
spiritedly unspiritual
would gladly have eaten
the poisoned apple
of willful, stubborn unforgiveness
knowing it would kill us both
while not caring a whit

No comments:

Post a Comment