What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dance of the Mature Woman


I’m no spring chicken
In the midst of a gaggle
Of middle aged birds
Giggle, whisper, babble

Music swirls around me
Like the swizzle in my drink
Rhythmic beat so pulsing - loud
I simply can not think

You touch my hand, heroically
asking me to dance
As you lead me to the floor
clucking hens look on, askance

Whirling in the storm of sound
Spellbound by reviving motion
My bloom reclaimed; sparkle found
Ecstatic thrill – sparks emotion

Tomorrow’s reality will dawn
But tonight I sway; a gliding blur
Heart-beats tempo as time moves on
Old age, tonight - I will defer


No comments:

Post a Comment