What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Tender Allies


I can’t help but notice
the way you look at me
discreetly
stealing glances
full of meaning
when you think I don’t see                  

I can’t help but appreciate
the quiet comfort I have found
in cherished, tranquil moments 
spent together                                                                     
as pleasant companions
tender allies
for many years

I can’t help but wonder
where within the earth’s
many revolutions
our comfortable friendship
spun into something else
infinitely more precious
which has turned me into
a tongue-tied schoolgirl
hurled to fits of bashful shyness
unable to recover my voice                                                                
or wits

No comments:

Post a Comment