What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Must Confess



I could lie
by saying that the wine had gone to my head
that I was somehow
inculpable
innocent
incognizant
of my actions

As I said
those claims would all be lies - on the grandest scale
for I knew, yet cared not about the consequences
with full knowledge
I leant toward you
to embrace
as friends so often do
I must confess
that I longed for so much more

You kissed me
fully … most fully
kissed me
with warmth
passion
the desire
 … so surprising
most unexpected

my soul
my life’s essence
soared
circling the cosmos
past heaven
to boomerang homeward
my eternity
past - present - future
melded
distilled
perfected
into that very instant
was paradise found
rapture was born
that night
rapture
on the grandest scale

No comments:

Post a Comment