What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In Need of Some Reassurance



Will you still …
love me
once
all traces
of supple
toned
smoothness
melt away?

When this pate
is encircled
by a
silver
halo
replacing the
coronet of
thick auburn
tendrils
which I
now wear
will you still …
care enough
to smooth
grayed locks
with loving
absent minded
abandon?

Will you still …
want me
to cup your face
in my hands
once these fingers
wither
disfiguring
themselves
into
gnarled  twigs?

Will you still …
think me beautiful
once
my spine
curves
to form
a question mark
my shoulders
brought low
by time's
heavy
millstone?

Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment