What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

What a Fright!


shimmering
ghostly
spectral sight
awakened me from slumber
one dim, gloomy night

scared down to my marrow
I did not dare alight
to investigate this vision
by turning on the light

I hunkered ‘neath the covers
hearing footfalls
faint and slight
a pouncing jolt upon my bed
I shrieked; screamed with all my might

for ‘twas kitty cat who was the ghoul
on the sill beneath the drapes
as he moved the moon shone in
flickering shadow
moving shapes

feline nocturnal meandering
had caused my anxious plight
nowadays Tabby sleeps
outside my boudior
goodness … what a fright!

No comments:

Post a Comment