What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Eve

"Creation of Eve" by Michelangelo Buonarroti


eurphoria
drips
from
every pore
on nights
like this

I thank the good Lord
in his infinite wisdom
for creating me
to be an Eve

I’m talking about  

a classic little black dress
artfully sewn
to hug a curve
lavender scented
silk stockings
softer than a baby’s laugh
mass of auburn hair
up
in a classic French twist
two loose tendrils hang strategically as
face framing exclamation points
diamond drop earrings' glint
does not rival
the adoring sparkle of my emerald eyes

my glorious Adam
takes me in his arms to dance
whispering in my ear,
“You are delicious”
giggling
suddenly embarrassed - shy
I whisper a silent prayer
of thanksgiving
to my magnificent maker
his gift to me
in forming me to be
an Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment