What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fine Line



unguarded negativity
easily stifles
awakening creativity

such a fine line
betwixt a blessing
and a curse
contorting one word
twists the meaning
of a verse

I won’t quench the fire
in this belly exercising
frustrated-angry-hate
but I rather seek to be inflamed
by a passion for life innate

oh, the fire in this belly
I comprehend not how it grows
I know not where it came from
nor do I fathom where it goes

yet I discern that it is here
present my whole life long
for I was birthed with a poet’s soul
the fire's gift is its warming flame
such heat has made me strong

No comments:

Post a Comment