What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Once an Angel Kisses You

Photograph by Anne Geddes


you will not recover
it’s quite impossible to do
to ever reclaim your heart
once an angel kisses you

I’ve seen strong men stricken
as by lightening from the blue
acting like lost children
not knowing what to do
I’ve seen hard soul’s softened
filled up with happiness
it only took the slightest brush
of a tender angel’s kiss

it’s my prayer that you will find
your own sweet angel soon
for when you do; you will know
that no one is immune
your life will be full
of sweetest joyful bliss
you‘ll discover purest hope
in an angel’s softest kiss

for you will not recover
it’s quite impossible to do
to ever reclaim your heart
once an angel kisses you

No comments:

Post a Comment