What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Liar, Liar



I
have kept
in a laboratory beaker
each drop of
poisonous venom
you have spoken
without so much
as second thought

not for a second
had you envisioned
that I would collect
save
preserve
the raw
complete sample
the data unaltered

liar,
liar
(and a stupid one at that)
hurting
an innocent
whom
I adore
only …
because you thought
you could

the evidence
now
has spoken
its truth

scurrilous  notes
written in your own hand
can not
be attributed
to anyone else
except
you

liar,
liar
shame on you
though you are too hardened
by self-pity
self-loathing’s shell
of narcissism
has inured you to guilt

liar,
liar
go away.
you pester
like a droning,
biting
fly

know this
liar,
liar
if I one day
get the chance
I shall …
strike out
swatting you down
to
eliminate
you
as a gesture
of mercy
for all decent people

to sweep you away
into the compost heap
is fitting justice

liar,
liar
you shall
lie (and lie and lie)
forever
unmoving
and
un-mourned

No comments:

Post a Comment