What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dance of the Circles




dance of the circles
lassoing legs with chirps and meows
as I do formally announce
the long anticipated
dinner hour

annoying  …
bare bowl
has lain empty
since lunch time
most unsatisfactory
state of events

no cream
in the saucer
lapped up
hours ago
the service here
I daresay
has quite … gone to pot

elegant am I
having deigned to grace you
though mere serfs and peasants
with my revered, regal presence
I implore you to respect
the divine right of cats

Meow!
the lateness of the meal
has awakened my tiredness
I will dance in a circle
of ever decreasing size
here, in your lap

Y-a-w-n

You may pet me now

s--t--r--e---t--c--h

I will ...

... allow it ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



No comments:

Post a Comment