What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Sweetest Riddle



‘Neath my fingertips
Patient strength conveys understanding
Virile, hairy, muscled man
Unfashionably tufted
He - no immature, denuded youth
In the style loved by the media modern

My nostrils detect
Clean musk, scented masculinity   
Intoxicating breath yields
Wafting essence which enchants
Dizzying me - as Adam did Eve
Eden's enigmatic paradise regained

Gorgeous mystery
How such differences attract
I am silk – he is leather
He, all rough whiskers – I, smooth curves
Useless, half of a whole when parted
This sweet riddle – I pray, never will be solved

No comments:

Post a Comment