What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Friday, July 29, 2011

At Home



Lying in your arms
My head resting upon you
Pulsing heartbeat beneath my ear
Telegraphs the message that
I am home - I am home

Hold me - enfold me
Surround me with your tenderness
Like the softest fleece blanket, pulled up beneath my chin
For this is the place where strength is renewed
Secure - here in this warm, strong refuge
Mystic sacred sanctuary of sincerest love’s embrace

We sail the world
Oh, so wonderfully wide
In sleep - clasped as one
Having found safe harbor
No matter the mooring place
When in each others arms
We are home – We are home – We are home

No comments:

Post a Comment