What You Will FInd Here ...

Join me in my celebration of life and language through poetry. You will find no hint of literary snobbery here. Much like our beloved English ... THIS poet is very much alive, fun-loving, growing and changing!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blame it on Fate


The Fates
by Egron Selif Lundgren

I have love in my life again
Love from an imperfect, yet caring man
Who loves me in spite my failings - faults
He is a good man … a tender man
Yet some days, I’ll confess, I’m still sad
About the ending of you and I

I am still amazed at the crazed, difficult meanderings of life’s path
Fate - like a reckless, drunken fool who staggers through the darkness
Incapable of finding the way home again
Fate - who touches us all - changes the course of a life at her whim
Death, loss, grief, renewal-rebirth, joy – an eternal circle
The constancy of cycling change - such a humorless joke
Does nothing last? ...  Does nothing last?

I have love in my life again
Love from this imperfect woman, who cares for a tender man
I love him for all that he is and even more for all that he is not
I am a good woman … yet a woman who worries about the future
For some days, I’ll confess, I’m afraid
About the ending of he and I

No comments:

Post a Comment